This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Grr! Argh! (Part Two)

Hope I didn't come off too emo in my last post, nor give the impression that I'm giving up singing entirely. Believe me when I say that it is not the case in the slightest.

Part of my frustration stems from the fact that it used to be, at this time of year, I was invited to sing at a number of holiday events. During college, my choral professor brought me in (along with several others from the touring choir) to beef up his church choir. It got to the point that I couldn't plan on going to/having a New Year's Eve party because I - inevitably - was booked to sing in a gig.

Now, it seems like those opportunities are going to anyone else but me. I see flyers for events with familiar names, and it's like I've become a non-entity. People don't think about me anymore when scheduling performances. They haven't stopped happening, so my brain logically thinks, "what the hell is wrong with me"?

A wonderful lady I've sang with several times in the past left a very sweet comment on my facebook asking me not to give up singing and saying she would personally let me know about Outreach events occuring where they really need singers. Thank you, L, for reaching out.

I need to remember: a lot of this has happened because I - basically - dropped out of sight over the past year. Focusing almost exclusively on getting rid of the pounds has isolated me from many of the things I used to do. And I've also branched out into a number of other activities that, often, prevent me from getting out there.

There's a lot of things I need to make decisions about for the upcoming year. Maybe I'll reach goal, maybe I won't. I do, however, need to put some serious thought into what it is I want to do with my singing and what priority it will take in my life. For now, I have no answers; I'm pretty content just being.

Moving on...

Last night, the DH and I went - along with the BFF - over to Stanley's Sports Bar to watch the San Jose Sharks vs. Dallas Stars game (yep, I'm a huge hockey fan. Only sport I watch. Go figure, live in California in a place where it never snows and have a thing for a winter sport - haha!).

Have you ever noticed just how BUILT hockey players are? Day-um. Just sayin'.

Back to the point: sports bar. Bars of any sort. They're a little difficult for me because I enjoy drinking and its social aspects. It's easy to knock back a beer (or three! And shots! And margaritas!) without thinking about it. Add to that tasty bar food, and you have a real recipe for "ohmygod-how-many-points-did-I-just-have?!?!?!?!?!"

Anyhow, I'm gonna crow because I did really well last night. Only had one mozzarella stick and one piece of fried zucchini. Go me! Then ordered a chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat, didn't eat all the bread, nibbled on a couple of fries, and gave the rest to the DH. Finally, I only drank one beer! Yep, just one! Then drank water for the rest of the game. It's happy dance time because this is a HUGE victory. Super Huge. Big, freaking, honking huge!

On that note, here's my Thursday meal tracker (including my super duper victory from yesterday!!!):

Thursday's Meal Tracker:

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daily PointsPlus Target: 35
Weekly PointsPlus Remaining: 39
Weekly Activity Points Earned: 28
Weekly Activity Points Used: 0

Activity:
Biggest Loser Boot Camp, Level One - 3 Activity Points Earned
Yoga, 40 minutes - 3 Activity Points Earned

Breakfast:
Egg white scramble - 3 Points
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss
- 1 svg. Kirkland Signature Bacon Pieces
Green Monster Smoothie - 3 Points

Morning Snack:
None.

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Santa Fe Style Black Beans & Rice - 7 Points
Ghiradelli Chocolate Square with Mint Filling - 2 Points

Afternoon Snack:
Fresh Fruit Salad - 0 Points

Dinner:
1 mozzarella stick - 2 Points
Fried Zucchini - 1 Point
1 1/2 pieces Wheat Bread - 2 Points
Bacon, 1 1/2 slices - 2 Points
BBQ Sauce, 1 tbsp - 1 Point
Chicken Breast, 6 oz - 6 Points
Several French Fries, Baked - 2 Points
Beer - 5 Points

Dessert:
None.

Daily PointsPlus Eaten: 36
Weekly PointsPlus Remaining: 38
Weekly Activity Points Earned: 34
Weekly Activity Points Used: 0

Holy cr*p! I'm nearly at 42 Weekly Activity Points Earned - the WW max for swapping! And there's still three more days of tracking this week. Not that I plan on dipping into them.

Have a good one folks!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: