This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Body Hates Me

My workouts over the past five days have come to a grand total of one. Yes, just one. Ugh. I'm wincing just looking at that number.

Now, it isn't because I haven't wanted to workout. Quite the contrary, actually. Each day that's gone by without a workout has been cringe-worthy. No, I managed to do something to my knee (or right below it) last Friday.

Joy.

And before you ask, I didn't do it working out.

I keep forgetting that my body doesn't yet want to function the way I want it to. Kneeling and sliding across the hard concrete surface at work *will* most likely result in my body getting hurt, or me banging my knee into aforementioned hard surface.

Spent the weekend freaking out about my knee, and assuming the worst: a blood clot in my leg. At my last job, a coworker was diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Suddenly, she has to take a shot every day, go to the doctor once a week, can't drink alcoholic beverages, and can't eat dark green vegetables. Worst fear ever.

My doctor visit yesterday, fortunately, alleviated my fears. A $10 co-pay and an ultrasound of my leg later, the doc isn't sure what it is, but he knows what it isn't. YAY!! He thinks it's just inflammation from the kneelingandsliding at work and overdoing it on the exercise. (sadface) I'm on orders to drop down to low-intensity/low-impact workouts, ice my knee, and take an anti-inflammatory that's leaving me exhausted. Oh yeah, and lay off the workouts for a couple of days. Walking fine, the aerobic DVDs - nope.

Chalk this up to another reason I want to lose weight.

Dammit, I want to do these things. I want to do these things and not hurt myself. I want to be able to do a fifty-minute workout DVD and feel the sweat pouring off of me. I hate the fact that my body keeps getting in the way. Just when I think I'm participating in enough activity to feel like a normal person, my body goes and betrays me and says, "Ha, ha, you're going to be fat forever!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: