This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Monday, November 23, 2009

A wild and crazy weekend

It was one of those ridiculously busy weeks. Work's crazy, life's hectic, and the chances of stopping to cook food are next to none. Add to that a singing gig, a Friday night party, and a party at our place Saturday night. Oh look, it's the recipe for going off plan!

It started out innocently enough. Not enough to eat on Saturday as we're cleaning house for the party (and for my folks coming into town this week), desperately begging a friend who arrived early to pick us up food, spicy hummus with pita and cucumber, tortilla chips, beers, some oh-too-tasty drink called "x-rated", then Bailey's and Irish Cream.

Yep, it's the siren song of drinking: "Oh, I'll just have a little hummus on some cucumber. But wait, the hummus is *reallllyyyy* good on pita bread. Ooo, there's tortilla chips and salsa. And what do you mean, I put Harry and David Milk Chocolate Moose Munch out before I started drinking? PARTY!!!!"

And that doesn't even account for the food that was left over!

Granted, I didn't indulge like the past, but I also didn't hop right back on the wagon Sunday morning. Oh, who am I kidding? It was Sunday afternoon when I crawled out of bed. And I was feeling particularly lazy. With very little coaxing, the hubby ordered pizza, and I remembered the salami and cheese in the fridge that never made it out to the table. Self control won out, but just barely - I only had four slices of salami and two pieces of cheese. (Need to remember to bring them into work and out of harm's way) Also, attacked the salsa and tortilla chips with some gusto, but managed to not eat half the bag. Go me!

This morning? I'm retaining water like mad crazy, not helped by Aunt Flo's visit to town. Feeling pretty vile from all the junk I ate and drank, but ready to get back to eating like a normal person and not a "wild, crazy" party-goer. Had to press the snooze button twety times this morning, but will exercise tonight and tomorrow morning it's back to waking up at 5:30.

Positives: didn't stuff myself to bursting, ate before the party, slept enough.

Things I need to work on: healthy party snacks, going back on plan the day following a party, must track even when I don't want to admit what I'm eating.

Hopefully this water weight will be gone in a day or two. Grr.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: