This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

How Shocking!




It's National Pick Strawberries Day. Since I live in a City and the chances of me going out into a field are about as likely as me sprouting wings and flying away, I was happy to indulge in the strawberry goodness brought in by a co-worker. I forgot to take a picture of these massive things before sawing into them, but here's about two strawberries worth all chopped up and ready to be eaten. Mmmmm. Yummy.

Now, for something entirely different, I'm going to show you something that I never thought people would see out in public:




My legs! Yes, my legs are so white they cause the halo effect in pictures (just because I live in California doesn't mean I like to tan!). Like I've said before, they haven't seen the light of day in years!! (Maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea).

Now, I do not have perfect legs. As a matter of fact, I may have mentioned before that my legs have caused me to break down in tears (as a much younger woman). I could rattle off a list a mile long citing what I dislike about my legs. But don't worry, I won't.

Today, I decided to wear a dress. Not just any dress, but a dress I bought one week ago. Believe me, I'm in as much shock as anyone because I'm not big on the whole dress thing. However, with the coming of Summer and my (near) fifty pound weight loss, it was time to confront this irrational fear of showing a little leg in public and wearing dresses in general. That, and shopping has yielded way more dresses that fit rather than pants.

You know what? I look pretty good.

Actually, I'm finding myself wearing dresses a lot more often than I thought. When I'm off to Weight Watchers I'll throw one on, especially since I sized out of my weigh-in pants (you know what I'm talking about - the thinnest, filmiest pair you keep in your closet). And when off to dinner with friends, why not snazz it up? Now at work. Gosh, what's the world coming to?

What amazes me, though, is the amount of positive attention I receive when wearing a dress. This morning, the security guard outside my work parking garage stopped to tell me how beautiful I looked. What an amazing way to start the day!! And my friends keep on telling me just how great I look. The more I hear it, the more I start to believe it.

And on to the weigh-in:

Week of 5/19/10 Stats

Starting Weight: 291.6

Previous Weight: 242.6 lbs
Current Weight: 242.2 lbs
Difference: -0.4 lbs

Total Weight Removed: -49.4 lbs
Total Percentage of Weight Removed: 16.9%

I was really hoping to hit that 50 lb mark this week and everything seemed to be going fine until the scale popped on a pound or so in water retention. What?!?! Check the calendar. Oh, it's a week out from Aunt Flo's monthly visit. Joy. Guess it will just have to wait until next week. Gee thanks, body.

Oh, and pics to come from this amazing dress wearing event!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: