This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Okay, I sense a little bit of a theme here this week - SUGAR!!!!

The other day, I copped to the fact that I'm a candy-a-holic. Okay, it's not really just candy, it's pretty much sweets of any kind: cookies, cakes, candies, chocolates, all those great "c" words. And a few others. Yeah, I love sugar.

On the other hand, I'm staunchly anti-HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) and artificial sweetener. I won't get into my reasoning since I don't wanna seem like a crazy woman, but rest assured there are several well worn and used rants that my friends are pretty tired of hearing.

Needless to say, my stance on HFCS and artificial sweeteners makes food shopping so much fun (she says sarcastically). Do you realize how many things have HFCS in them and/or artificial sweeteners?!? Bread. No, really, bread has HFCS in it. WHY???? And try finding a non-fat yogurt without artificial sweeteners!!! Nearly impossible, but I managed to do it.

Allow me to introduce my non-fat, no artificial sweetener, no HFCS little friend:




Trader Joe's Organic Strawberry Probiotic Nonfat Yogurt (it also comes in vanilla, but I'm a fruit flavored kinda girl).

And take a look at this ingredient list:




Oh yeah, baby, organic all the way.

And the best part:




That works out to only 2 Points on WW PointsPlus. W00t! Sooooo tasty, and not that nasty artificially overly sweet taste of other nonfat yogurts (I won't name names but it start with a "yo" and ends with a "lait"). Ick. That evil little container used to be the one concession I'd make in my battle against artificial sweetener, and I felt a little pang of guilt every time I opened one up. But now guilt be gone!!!

Get my sugar fix and it's good for me? Whoda thunk it?

Have a great one folks and I'll talk to you tomorrow (since I already have a post written - ZOMG!!!). And I hope you have a Trader Joe's near you cos this yogurt is - DAYUM - good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: