This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I, like a million other people, am not really big on the whole New Year's Resolution thing. That's likely because I find myself saying "this is the year I'm gonna set myself up for failure by making some entirely unrealistic goal, but since I'm so optimistic and ready to go because it's a "New Year", I'm the one that's gonna succeed and be different than 99% of the world's population." Ha ha ha. Sure.

Oooo, sarcasm, I has it.

If you couldn't tell, yeah, I've failed at nearly EVERY SINGLE RESOLUTION I'VE EVAR MADE. The fact is, the expected nature of making one's self commit to some half-assed aspiration because everyone else around you is doing it is ridiculous. You're a lot more likely to succeed at something if you come to realizing that goal on your own time. Still, having been asked five bazillion times what my New Year's Resolution for 2011 is, I came up with this: my New Year's Resolution is to continue down the path to health and be the best person I can be.

Yep, that's it. Short and sweet and simple. And, ooooo boy, people get frustrated with me. "Don't you wanna lose the rest of that weight this year?" "Why don't you set up something specific?" "That's a write off if ever I heard one."

You know what I say to those people? KISS MY ASS. This isn't about making anyone but myself happy. And what makes me happy? Keeping on keeping on the way I've been going for the last thirteen - fourteen months. Sure, it's not coming off super fast, but it's coming off, and it will keep coming off until I reach goal. What I want is to be healthy. End. Of. Story.

With the whole resolution-ing thing out of the way, I decided to set a few health related goals for the year in order to help me meet said resolution of continuing this healthiness journey and being the best Zan I can be:


  1. Train for/run a 5K. When/If I complete that 5K, start training for a 10K.

  2. Exercise at least 3x a week.

  3. Make an effort to meet the WW Healthy Guidelines every day.

  4. Post at least one blog a week. See the Wordpress Challenge to post either Once a Day in 2011 or Once a Week in 2011.

  5. Try one new exercise class/DVD/etc per month.

  6. Make it into ONEderland.


You may have noticed there's only one "weight" related goal in that list. Yep, and it's going to stay that way. I will not stick a date on something so variable as weight loss.

I realized it's been too long since I've posted any progress pictures and should probably remedy that. Once I get the pics from Xmas and the Holiday Break sorted, I will fix that.

For the time being, I give you a hastily snapped bathroom pic:

Zan 1-7-10

Have a great one folks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: