This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Overdoing It Done Right

First, because I haven't posted it yet, and I promised I'd post it weekly:

Week of 1/30/11 - 2/5/11 Stats

Weigh-in Day: Saturday, February 5, 2011

Starting Weight: 291.6

Previous Weight: 220.0
Current Weight: 219.8
Difference: -0.2 lbs

Total Weight Removed: -71.8 lbs
Total Percentage of Weight Removed: 24.6%

Getting on the scale Saturday was a "meh" kind of moment, but not entirely unexpected. We'll just have to wait and see what happens when Aunt Flo has vacated the premises.

So, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Wednesday and I'm finally getting around to talking about my weekend. I suck. Whatever. My weekend was marked by not one, but two, food-centric (alcohol too) celebrations. I had all kinds of grandiose plans about dealing with them too, until those plans failed. Guh.

Let's take a quick trip on the merry-go-round of my Food Weekend from HELL, also known as I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO SELF CONTROL.

Friday. Original Joe's in Downtown San Jose which is this super old fashioned, Italian restaurant with MEGA portions. Walking in here is like taking a step back in time. Seriously, this is one of those places you'd expect to find Dean Martin sitting at the bar drinking a martini. LOOOOVE IT!

My solution for their mega portions? Order something without pasta, eat half and take the rest home.

Problem: as is the problem with any large group eating out at a restaurant that DOESN'T take reservations, it took forever to be seated. Planned on eating by eight, wasn't seated until after nine by which time I was STARVING. Cue a complete lack of self control: alcoholic drinks? Check. Bread? Check, check, and check. Pasta Based Dish? Oh yeah, baby. Eating the whole plate? Yep. You betcha.

Faaahhhhkkk.

Okay, not a problem. Big hike scheduled the next day which could make up for a some of those extra calories consumed.

Suuuurrrree. Until the moment I decided to give a big "F.U." to food tracking on Saturday. Oh, did I mention that on the way back to the car from Friday's dinner we stopped at this amazing donut place called Psycho Donuts to pick up donuts for breakfast? Score Two for my complete and utter lack of self control.

Not to worry. I'll just keep it light at dinner Saturday night.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Cue Saturday Night. Asia SF in San Francisco. Super late seating of 9:45 p.m. Asia SF is a nightclub/bar/kinda-dinner place. Kinda-dinner means they serve lots and lots of small plates that are essentially appetizers. Lots and lots of appetizers.

Did I mention it was a super late seating? Oh, and it's served family style. And, oh my god, the food was sooooo good. And the drinks, sofa king tasty. Multiple cocktails plus cute little plates of food (see pictures below) equals "Look, there goes Zan's self control flying out the door. Again." Ugh.

And for your viewing pleasure, a few of the small plates served at our table:













Then it was dancing time (and more drinking time). At least, I busted my butt dancing.

Sunday morning, I woke up to the Creeping-Crud-that-Still-Wouldn't-Frakking-Go-Away which meant the order of the day was relax, watch commercials (I mean the Super Bowl), and try to get this thing under control.

Monday, the Neverending Cold of DOOM was still playing havoc with my sinuses, so I decided to call in and try to sleep it off. Also known as lie in bed, watch chick flicks, talk shows, and (to my everlasting shame) the E! Network.

Finally think I've got this crud under control, thank God, but I'm dosing myself with massive amounts of Vitamin C for the next few days just to be sure.

Verdict: it was a fun weekend, and as I think about it at least if I ate too much, my activity increased to make up for some of my indulgences. Need to work on getting immediately back to food tracking (since it took me until Tuesday!), and also need to work on planning better for unforseen circumstances such as ridiculously late seatings. On the plus side, it also means I can let loose from time to time and enjoy a night or two and immediately get back on plan.

Okay, I won't call the weekend a wash, I'll call it living life. Cos really, if you can't enjoy yourself from time to time what the heck is the point?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: