This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Resistance is Futile

I've spent the better part of the past 24 hours wearing this little beauty:




And running around like I was just disconnected from the Borg Collective:




It's a device called a Holter Monitor which you wear for 24 hours to help work up your heart profile. Do you know what it's like trying to put a bra on around one of these things? Anyone remember that game cat's cradle? It's similar to that. And the pads are irritating,I inevitably wind up scratching at them and pulling on the cords which I'm not supposed to do. Then, I didn't get to shower, had to sleep on my back as much as possible (yep, I'm a stomach sleeper), couldn't use my hair dryer or straightening iron, and had to log my symptoms (of which I had a sum total of one while I was *singing*).

All in the name of figuring out what the he** is up with this freaking arrhythmia.

The plus side: I'm at T minus 4 hours till it comes off, and freaking thrilled. Never again do I want to have to do this. If there was ever a wake-up call, this is it. Forty pounds gone makes a difference, but not enough of one. I've still got a hundred to go, and I'm ready for it.

In other happy news, the hubby and I are off to see Game One of Series of A of the Stanley Cup Playoffs tonight (San Jose sharks vs. Colorado Avalanche). Been a while since I've been to a game and I can't wait to see how much better I fit in the seats. Go Sharks!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: