This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Setting a Few Goals

Just a quick one before I head off for the weekend.

Weekends are a notoriously tricky time. Either I'm ridiculously busy so I can't fit in time to make food/exercise/think/etc, or I'm ridiculously lazy and don't want to get off the couch. I've seen - first hand - the risks of setting the bar too high and expecting a perfect weekend for myself. On the other hand, I'm leery of setting the bar too low and expecting nothing of myself.

The key to success at any endeavour is taking it step by step, adding one or two things at a time, and slowly raising expectations. Yeah, I know I've said it time and again, and I've said it to other people too, problem is I can't seem to institute it myself.

With that in mind, I decided to set a few healthy living goals for this weekend to start the ball rolling. Very, very slowly.

Weekend Goals

1) 30 minutes of exercise, any kind of exercise.
2) Eat at least five servings of fruits and veggies each day.
3) Cook one healthy meal at home.

Not too difficult, I should think, and very achievable.

Is there anything you'd like to achieve this weekend?

Have a great weekend!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: