This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last week, I laid out my plan for reaching that mystical place called ONEderland. You know? Where your weight begins with a one?!? Yeah, the holidays probably aren’t the most spectacular time to challenge yourself to lose weight, but I know if I can do it now, I can do it any time.

Here’s what I wrote last week:


This is the first time in god knows how many years that seeing the other side of two hundred pounds was a distinct possibility. With that in mind, I've decided to set a goal/challenge for myself to see me through to that legendary place called ONEderland. Understand, very rarely do I set date specific goals. I find, in most cases, they just set you up for failure. In this case, though, setting a 25 lb goal seems reasonable and - most importantly - attainable.

My goal/challenge to myself is: By March 7th, I'd like to be somewhere near (within five lbs) or in ONEderland. I've broken this challenge up into five pieces:

GOAL 1: Seventy Pounds Gone (221.6 lbs)
GOAL 2: Get Under a BMI of 35.0 (216 lbs)
GOAL 3: Eighty Pounds Gone (211.6 lbs)
GOAL 4: Ninety Pounds Gone (201.6 lbs)
GOAL 5: ONEderland (199 lbs)

Simple enough, right? Well, I'm retroactively starting my challenge from Monday of this week, running 12 weeks from December 13, 2010 - March 7, 2011 for an average of slightly more than 2 lbs a week. I know this is something I can achieve and I'm looking forward to the days when my weight doesn't start with a two.


And I’m off to a running start. Can’t tell you how thrilled I am to report my progress for Week One. All I can say is that it was awesome, and cue the happy, booty dance music:

Challenge Starting Weight: 226.4 lbs
Week One Weigh-in Weight: 222.4 lbs
Challenge Weight Lost: - 4.0 lbs

Wow, I kind of killed it this week! Granted, some of that was catching up from my fluke gain last week. But still! I’m slightly less than one pound away from GOAL 1! And just a little bit more than six pounds away from GOAL 2!

With some epic level pub night drinking on Friday night, and a bit more Saturday night (not quite epic, but close), I’m stoked. Seriously stoked.

And, yeah, did I mention I killed it?

Seriously though, sharing my meal trackers helped, and kept me from reaching into that candy jar at work more than once. I’m a little upset that I didn’t post trackers for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Friday’s tracker was actually complete; I was just slightly in shock seeing I drank nearly a day’s worth of Points in one evening. Once I go and reconstruct Saturday and Sunday, I will post and share all three.

Week Two looks to have its share of difficulties, not the least of which being Christmas. There’s also additional cookie baking craziness, Christmas Day dinner (which I’m making – HELP!), and the extended holiday (11 days!) I have from work.

I foresee the upcoming week being far more difficult than Week One with Christmas falling smack dab in the middle. However, I’m confident in my ability to overcome obstacles and succeed. With that in mind, I’ve come up with the following:

Three Strategies/Goals for Success for Week Two:

  1. Log any holiday cookies I eat.

  2. Keep up with my water consumption every day during the holiday break.

  3. Get in at least four days of exercise this week.



In other news, I finished my Christmas Shopping. Just need to send out a few more cards and get together the menu for Christmas Day Dinner. Will share the menu soon.

Have a great one, folks!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: