This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Counting Down to ONEderland

It's been a long time since I saw the other side of two hundred pounds. Years and years and YEARS. Somehow in every previous incarnation of my weight reduction self, getting to the other side of 250 meant I started slacking, and eventually dropped completely off the wagon. I don't know what it is, whether I was scared of success or that elusive, mystical, magical land of health.

And when I went off plan? If you can think of an excuse, I used it. Here are some gems that folks will likely recognize, I'm sure:

- I'm happy at this weight.
- I wanna be able to eat whatever I want.
- Exercise is hard.
- I wasn't meant to be skinny.
- I don't feel *that* bad.

You know what? Every time I claimed I was happy being severely obese, or whined I wasn't meant to be skinny, or said I didn't feel that bad, I WAS LYING! I'd see people who had managed to do exactly what I was claiming I couldn't, and it made me so green with envy.

There's times I think about it and get angry at myself, but if there's one thing I've learned it's that we can't change the past, what's important is what we're doing now. So, instead of getting angry at myself for past mistakes, I must remember what I've accomplished and that it's something to be proud of. Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the longest I've ever made a lifestyle change and stuck with it. See, I'm proud.

Back to the point of this post (yep, I wandered off on a tangent - SURPRISE!)

This is the first time in god knows how many years that seeing the other side of two hundred pounds was a distinct possibility. With that in mind, I've decided to set a goal/challenge for myself to see me through to that legendary place called ONEderland. Understand, very rarely do I set date specific goals. I find, in most cases, they just set you up for failure. In this case, though, setting a 25 lb goal seems reasonable and - most importantly - attainable.

My goal/challenge to myself is: By March 7th, I'd like to be somewhere near (within five lbs) or in ONEderland. I've broken this challenge up into five pieces:

GOAL 1: Seventy Pounds Gone (221.6 lbs)
GOAL 2: Get Under a BMI of 35.0 (216 lbs)
GOAL 3: Eighty Pounds Gone (211.6 lbs)
GOAL 4: Ninety Pounds Gone (201.6 lbs)
GOAL 5: ONEderland (199 lbs)

Simple enough, right? Well, I'm retroactively starting my challenge from Monday of this week, running 12 weeks from December 13, 2010 - March 7, 2011 for an average of slightly more than 2 lbs a week. I know this is something I can achieve and I'm looking forward to the days when my weight doesn't start with a two.

The first stumbling block in my challenge? The Cookie Baking craziness I'm throwing myself into this weekend. Chocolate chip cookies and ginger snaps and sugar cookies and peanut butter cookies, oh my! They're mostly going to good homes, but I've no doubt a goodly number will stay put right at home.

In other news, the Christmas tree is completely decorated and most of the Holiday decorating is done. Yay! That's one thing crossed off my to-do list. In its place, I add the next to-do: Christmas Cards and Christmas Shopping. Gah.

And following up on my list of Goals for this week, here my food tracker from yesterday:

Tuesday's Meal Tracker:

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Daily PointsPlus Target: 35
Weekly PointsPlus Remaining: 42
Weekly Activity Points Earned: 6
Weekly Activity Points Used: 0

Activity:
The Firm Cardio Overdrive, 12 Activity Points Earned

Breakfast:
1/2 Cup Better'N Eggs All Whites - 1 Point
1 Wedge Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss - 1 Point
Green Monster Smoothie - 2 Points

Morning Snack:
None.

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Sesame Stir Fry with Chicken - 7 Points
So Delicious Soy Ice Cream Sandwich - 2 Points

Afternoon Snack:
Apple - 0 Points
Baby Carrots - 0 Points
Ranch Dressing, 2 tsp - 1 Point

Dinner:
Miso Soup - 2 Points
1 cup White Rice - 5 Points
Sashimi, 9 pieces - 3 Points
Sashimi (Salmon), 3 pieces - 2 Points
Sushi Roll, 3 pieces - 3 Points
Mixed Green Salad - 0 Points
Sesame Salad Dressing - 2 Points
1 Piece Vegetable Tempura (Squash) - 2 Points
Edamame, 1/2 cup - 1 Point

Dessert:
2 pieces Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark - 4 Points

Daily PointsPlus Eaten: 38 (3 Weekly Points Used)
Weekly PointsPlus Remaining: 39
Weekly Activity Points Earned: 18
Weekly Activity Points Used: 0

Yeah, the Peppermint Bark took me into my Weekly Points, but I planned on it. Yay! Have a good one folks!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: