This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

30 Days of Working Out

My friend Kathryn and I both have a similar amount of weight to lose. At a party several weeks ago (my friend Laura's bachelorette party as I recall) we got to talking about our weight loss journeys and needing a friend to help inspire us. Over text two nights ago we agreed to be each others weight loss checkin buddies. So our agreement is over the next thirty days we'll checkin with each other after our workouts to keep one another accountable, and if we haven't heard from each other we will double check to see if the other has kept up with their goals.

My workout goal for this month is at least five out of every seven days. I've never been great with regular aerobic workout videos, but love the advent of dance based workouts. Currently in my arsenal I have a Bollywood dance DVD, two Tahitian dance DVDs, a Yoga Booty Ballet DVD, and the Weight Watchers Get Fit DVD. My plans are to alternate either by week or day these DVDs with walking and see if I can keep up with it for thirty days. I also hope to add a few more over the course of the month - if I can do a different one every day of the week that would be great.

Some of my friends do hula hoop dance for working out. I was a little leery of it since normal hula hoops don't normally fit my hips and it's s little embarassing, however my friend Megan said she'd make me a custom hula hoop. I'm definitely stoked to try another workout that promises to be a lot of fun.

In other news, I finally went back to Weight Watchers meetings on Wednesday night. I don't know what was keeping me back, but I just decided to go. I need the accountability of meetings and someone else weighing me in. I went back to my old meeting place from 2005 and saw some of the same people It was good to be there, but I'm a little upset that the 50+ lbs to lose meetings are only during the weekdays and at 1pm on Saturdays. Still I'm excited and can't wait to see my progress.

Other than that, it's been a busy week or so. Thursday week last, my hubby and I went to see Rent in San Francisco. It was a blast. Immediately following was my friend Laura's rehearsal dinner and wedding. I was in the bridal party and overindulged a bit at both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding, still I'm happy because I managed to maintain my weight. Tonight we're at the Bridge School Benefit with the headliner of No Doubt. I'm writing down all I eat and attempting to stay within my daily Points, but it's hard when you really want beer and liquor. Still I'm trying.

All in all a fun week which will be made even better if it ends with a weight loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: