This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Weekend Wasn't Great

Weekends usually present me with my greatest weight loss challenges. My inclination is to want to eat out and indulge in any number of terrible foods and I'm more apt to feel like I'm really missing something by following my weight loss plan.

This weekend I had several of those "it's not fair" moments. Those moments where you look at the vegetables on your plate, sigh, and wish you could have that loaded baked potato or the chicken crispers, the french fries, or any number of other items that got me where I am now.

You know what I'm talking about?

I wasn't the best at strengthening my resistance muscle. As a matter of fact over the weekend I did a whole lot of giving in:

  • Friday Night: Had popcorn and ice cream at the movie theatre. Popcorn with lots of greasy butter. As credit for myself, I didn't eat the whole bag, nor half of it, I stopped myself after a short while realizing that I was automatically eating because the good was there. Didn't hurt that the movie was severely gross and I should NOT have gone to see it. Note to self: do not see movies that you're even a little wary of because nightmares can and will follow.
  • Saturday afternoon: Went out shopping with the hubby, didn't plan ahead and only brought the small purse, hence no smart snacks were on my person. On the plus side, we went to Chili's for lunch and I had soup and salad as my lunch (no cheese, no tortilla strips, dressing on the side). Following lunch, we went to the mall and spent several hours clothing shopping for Dave. Getting a little punchy we stopped at the quickest snack place we could. Coldstone Creamery. My intention was to get a mini Raspberry sorbet - heh. As a positive note, I only had a small mint ice cream with chocolate chips. In the past, my normal order was a mint ice cream with chocolate chips in one of those massive waffles cones covered with chocolate and sprinkles.
  • Sunday: After the previous day's unplanned snacking, I brought my big purse with my healthy snacks. I felt pretty well prepared for what the day would offer, and didn't suffer any real cravings until after we left San Francisco and headed home. Instead of going home to eat, the hubby suggested TGIFriday's, and off we went. To my credit, I ordered the right price, right portion of the Shrimp Key West. The plate mainly contains broccoli and then two skewers of shrimp. I finished all the broccoli and had only one skewer of shrimp. On the other hand, I gave in to the siren call of the buffalo wings on our appetizer platter. Once we got home, the snacking continued from there and instead of dinner, I opened up a bag of Tostito's Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips. Didn't finish the whole bag, but it was definitely lighter than when I started.

To sum up, this weekend wasn't great foodwise for me. It was busy and I allowed sabotaging behaviors to get the better of me, however I did recognize that I was snacking and curbed the worst of my desires to overindulge. The next time it happens I will do better.

Now, I'm recommiting to my food plan. I will keep on track this week, I will write down everything that I eat, and I will make a great effort to stick to my weekly goals.

This Week's Goals:

  1. Take the stairs at work more often with a target of three or four times each day.
  2. Walk at lunch or breaktime at least three times this week.
  3. Take hubby out for a walk at home at least twice this week.

Today's To-Do List:

  1. Head to the grocery store and pick up foods for dinner party tonight.
  2. (Today or tomorrow) Clean out refrigerator, chop up any unused veggies and toss them in the crockpot to make vegetable stock.
  3. Get the junk that's been piling up out of the kitchen. Need the cleaned up space for dinner tonight.
  4. Get luggage out of storage for anniversary trip starting Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: