This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Temptation, oh, temptation

Yesterday afternoon, as I walked into the breakroom at work to warm up my lunch I was confronted with this ever so innocently (huh, yeah, right) sitting on the table:

*insert groan here*

Two chocolate cakes (and I luuurrrrvvvve chocolate) with an ever-so-convenient knife already in one of the containers.

Immediately, the little kid in me starting jumping, yelling, waving, doing a little dance and singing: "woohoo, it's caketime! It's really caketime! CAKETIME! And it's all for me 'cos no one else is here!" And in the past, I most likely would have allowed that part of me to take control, grabbed a slab of one cake or another (or better yet, two humongous slabs of cake -ugh!), gobbled one down while no one else was watching, gone for another, and still made my lunch. Yup, and felt like a huge, steaming pile of doggie doo twenty minutes later.

I'm proud to say I did not have a slice of either of those oh-so-tempting cakes yesterday, today, or at the potluck last Friday when they made their sneaky little way into the office. And thinking about it twenty minutes later, I really wasn't hungry for cake, I thought it would taste good, but the thought of all that sugar made my teeth hurt.

I'm proud of myself for resisting the urge to mindlessly snack on chocolate and fall back into my old habits. Still, I have to be extra vigilant at work that unseen temptation won't derail me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: