This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ah, Monday, Monday, Monday. My gut reaction to Monday is "ugh, I don't wanna!!!" and usually starts with a petulant me hiding under the covers refusing to wake up. Which is followed by my alarm going off every two minutes and finally forcing myself out of bed and into the family room to workout. By then, I've reluctantly accepted I'll shortly be dragging my butt into work. Joy.

Lucky me, government employee that I am, Monday was a holiday and we had a nice, long weekend. I like long weekends. A lot. I found them excuses to laze around on the couch, channel surf, and do nothing in the past. But not this weekend.

I've wanted to empty out my closet and purge for months now. Each month I'd put it off until the next, but it's funny - my weight loss motivation started spilling over into other areas of my life!! Suddenly, that overstuffed wardrobe was unbearable and Saturday night, around 7 p.m., I began the four and a half hour long clearout of my closet. I kept pieces I've worn recently and loved, but anything that hadn't been worn in over three months was tried on, and if I didn't immediately love it, tossed.

Go me!

Part of this evolution is taking pride in my appearance. For too long, I allowed myself to dress like a schlump in whatever I could get my hands on just "because it fit". Baggy clothes, shapeless sacks, all of which made me look larger than I was. Well, I took charge and said "begone from my life". Now, my closet is made up of pieces that will last me through the next twenty pounds and some, and will make me look more put together.

Confession time.

Meatless Monday was not meatless. I spent the day with the hubby and friends, and off we went to Hawaiian barbeque for lunch. The vegetarian options were: eat rice and eat rice. Surprise! While I had rice, I was not interested in that being my only meal choice, so I had barbeque chicken. Oh yeah, did I mention, I had rice? In exchange, I made today, Tuesday, my Meatless Monday. It's my first day at work this week and might as well be Monday.

Well, back to listening to the rain and waiting to go home.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: