This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday was the official start of my New Year's Resolution to not eat meat several days a week. What better time to start then right away, so I declared it Meatless Monday. Surprise of surprise, apparently there's a Meatless Monday movement. Imagine me, puttering around the internet when WHAM! BANG! I find the Meatless Monday webpage. Yep, apparently I'm just not that creative. Or, more likely, I heard it somewhere else. Ah well.

Funnily enough, I was then surprised to find that this kind of selective vegetarianism is already classified as flexitarianism! Okay, guess I'm a little dense: I am not the first person to think of this. Again, just not that creative.

Anyhow, Meatless Monday was a resounding success. I ate a wide variety of foods, managed to meet my calorie intake, carb intake, protein intake, and (just barely) my fat intake. The fiber intake was a little high, but so it goes. Actually, I noticed that I had to keep on eating all day long to meet my daily targets. And there was a moment of ohmigod, pizza!!! when the hubby brought his pepperoni, sausage and black olive pizza. I was good, though, and when he offered his crusts I made him pick off any lingering bits of pepperoni before I ate them.

My Meatless Monday Meal Plan:

Breakfast: Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar, Green Monster Smoothie. 5 POINTS.

Snack: 2 Archer Farms Organic Real Fruit Strip - Strawberry. 1.5 POINTS.

Lunch: Morningstar Farms Chik Patty Sandwich on Orowheat Sandwich thin with Dijon Mustard and Greens. Spring Mix Salad with Balsamic Vinagrette Spray Dressing. 4.5 POINTS

Snack: 40 Dry Roasted Peanuts. 4 POINTS

Dinner: HungryGirl's Sassy Saucy Ribwich (a healthy, meatless makeover of the McD's McRib Sandwich), Blue Moon Wheat Beer (while watching hockey game), Crusts from hubby's. 12 POINTS.

Dessert: Dove Milk Chocolate Squares. 6 POINTS.

Total POINTS Eaten: 33. Yay, hit my target exactly!

Now, in my quest to own a library's worth of fitness DVDs, I discovered that Costco occasionally carries some of the more current and popular brands (i.e. Biggest Loser and Denise Austin). Now, I've never been a huge fan of the Biggest Loser brand, but my fitness DVD guru had great reviews for some of these workouts, so I caved and bought the Cardio Max and Bootcamp DVDs (and a couple of Denise Austin ones, but that's not the point. And $8 each!!!).

So, these DVDs sat on the shelf for two weeks taunting me and last night I tried the Cardio Max workout. Being a little cocky, I set the DVD to play all three parts of the workout (the 20 minute section by Bob, 10 minutes by Jillian, and 10 minutes by that other chick). Yeah, not so much. Bob's twenty minute workout kicked my butt so hard that when it ended I immediately hit the chapter forward button to the cool down. This chick ain't stupid: I'm not gonna face ten minutes of Jillian Michaels after that!

I think I now understand what the BL contestants mean when they say, "I hate you Bob!" during a workout. During that workout I wanted to reach my hands through the screen and slap him. And, oooo, my muscles feel worked today. Yikes. My butt, she be kicked.

Gonna have to put this one into the regular rotation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: