This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In lieu of the really real Monday, I dubbed Tuesday (my work Monday) as Meatless Monday (Tuesday). Yes, I confess it, I ate meat on Monday and so my New Year's Goal of going meatless on Mondays is 1 for 2. Alack, alas, and all that jazz.

Oversleeping and much snooze buttoning heralded in the morning, and the miserable storm pounding the West Coast. Fearing for my morning sanity and the safety of those at work, I allowed myself to sleep in and skip the workout until later in the day. Snacking was the name of the game all day long, especially since there was no time for making my morning smoothie. Woe!

Nutritionally, not a great day. I was under my POINTS target, didn't get enough fat, fiber or protein in. One of those days.

Meatless Monday (Tuesday) Food Plan:

Breakfast: Fiber One Oats and Chocolate Bar. 2 POINTS.

Snack: 2 x Fling Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Fingers. 4 POINTS.

Lunch: Morningstar Farms Original Chik Patty on Sandwich Thin with Dijon Mustard and Salad, 2 x Strawberry
Fruit Strips. 5.5 POINTS

Snack: Vanilla Creme Wafer x 1. 1 POINT.

Dinner: 2 slices Round Table Guinevere's Garden Delight Pizza, 1.5 cups apple juice. 13 POINTS.

Dessert: WW Fruities - Strawberry (2 packs). 2.5 POINTS.

Activity POINTS Earned: 8.

TOTAL: 28 POINTS Used, 4 left over.

I've noticed a correlation between my eating habits and how gray it is outside. Gray sky = crazy snack cravings.

My weekend commenced with an singing outreach event Friday night for a local light opera company. At rehearsal prior to the show, it finally hit me just how much weight I've lost after immediate reactions from not just one but multiple people. It's like a bright light was suddenly turned on.

Later that night, I finally stopped and took a good, long look in the full length mirror. My pants, which fit perfectly when I set out on this journey, are so loose they're dragging on the floor, and they're baggy around my thighs where they used to be tight. My shirt stays buttoned, it doesn't pop open. There's a figure there!!! The double chin is nearly gone. Instead of puffy, my face looks oval! It was like I suddenly saw a million little things I hadn't seen before.

Measuring the difference is hard when looking at your reflection every day. Theoretically, you know you're losing weight, that's what the scale says, but it takes a little longer to see that success staring back.

I'm proud of myself for getting this far, and I'm proud of myself for continuing on. It's a tough journey, but I won't allow myself to fall back, the only place to look is forward, and to keep on keeping on.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: