This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DST and Me and Checking In

Guess who isn't working out first thing in the morning anymore? Yep, you guessed it, that's me. I have a hard enough time dragging my butt out of bed at 6:30 in the morning (especially cause it's now DARK at 6:30 in the morning), working out at 5:30 a.m. ain't gonna happen.

Ugh, Daylight Savings Time frustrates me soooooooo much. For two to three weeks a year, your entire schedule is thrown off because the clock "springs" forward or "falls" back. I'll tell you what, I'm tired of it. I'm so ridiculously exhausted, not sleeping well, and can't drag my ass out of bed!!!!! They say it's easier to adjust to the end of DST, but can take up to a freaking month to adjust to the clocks falling back! What part of this is a good thing?

And the whole lack of sleep thing leaves me feeling pretty apathetic to just about everything. I operate on automatic, spend every minute of the day wishing I was in bed and can't dredge up a few drops of excitement to get into the weight loss groove.

Last week at this time, I was feeling pretty good about everything. I was excited and happy. Today, I'm going through the motions. I don't understand it.

Solution: MOAR Sleep. *if* I can get to sleep.

Weekly Check-in
More of an every other week check-in at this point

How do I feel I did the past two weeks?

Last week I felt great and had a decent weight loss. I didn't work out as much as I planned, but felt like sticking to my plan was pretty easy.

This week has just been one foot in front of the other. Been dealing with some emotional issues and an unexpected complication. I'm working out again this week, but don't feel like I'm interested in doing much of anything.


Am I still excited/motivated to lose weight?

Yes and no. I'm dealing with some major apathy here. Part of me is still pretty gung ho, but another part of me wants to lay around in bed and do nothing. However, I found my weight loss journal from the last time I did Weight Watchers (2004!!), and realized I'm just about 15 lbs away from the lowest weight I reached in 2004, and I'm around the same week mark - and my last five weeks were losing and gaining the same 2-3 lbs.


The Beck Diet Solution related questions have been removed this week. My apathy told me to.


What are three things I can give myself credit for? (Okay, okay, this is a Beck question, but my apathy said it was okay to answer this one)

Despite my apathy:


  1. I'm still on plan.

  2. I'm working out.

  3. I know I can do this.

  4. BONUS: I'm definitely getting my water in every day even if what I want isn't water.




What, if anything, do I need to change in my routine to succeed?

In order to succeed, I need to keep following my plan. It works. I know it works. My apathy knows it works. I can get through this moment because it is just *one* moment.


Did I accomplish last week's healthy habit/goal? What healthy habit will I practice/goal will I meet in the coming week?

In my last check-in, I said I was planning to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred three days a week. It didn't happen. Something happened in my head and suddenly the 30 Day Shred scares me silly. New goal: do the Shred once a week for two weeks. Then mix it up and do four different workout (other than the Shred) this week.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: