This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sports Bras and NSVs

Over the weekend a group of friends and I set out on a shopping trip with the intention of buying sports bras. Most of us are members of the well-endowed club so finding an actual supportive sports bra is a nothing short of a miracle.

Our trip took us to Downtown Palo Alto to a little store called Title Nine. Wow. Their sizes don't go up extremely high, but if you're up to a 40 DDD, take a look at their website. This is the home of the Last Resort Sports Bra (which I did NOT buy) - and putting it on is quite a bit like putting on a corset: lots of pushing and pulling the girls and lots of hooks and eyes. I still found quite the corset like sports bra, but with less pushing and pulling and a third of the hooks and eyes - the 3 reasons sports bra. All of a sudden I'm not dreading the 30 Day Shred as much. Hmmm.

In other news of shopping, on Saturday evening I had to throw out one of my favorite pairs of jeans due to the bane of larger women everywhere: chub rub. Ugh. I'm tired of wearing through the thighs of my pants in a year or less!!!!

On a positive note, that same shopping day one of my girlfriends mentioned my pants were looking awfully large. "Really?" said I as I glanced back and noticed the baggy butt and swimming thighs. How have I not noticed this? Guess I'm so used to staying the same size or - heaven forbid - going bigger that it rarely occurs to me that I might need a smaller size in something!

This, my friends, is monumental. It means when I go to Lane Bryant in the next day or two, I will not be buying the Right Size 4 super hip-py pants, but the size 3 super hip-py pants. Holy Cow! And these are the pants I was striving to get back into when I started losing weight.

There you have it - some good, some annoying, and some great. Alright, I'll go squee somewhere else now.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: