This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

She's Back!!

Guess who didn't gain any weight while she was on vacation?!?!

Oh, that's right!




This Girl!!!!

Holy crud, I can't believe it. I spent a three days in Disneyland with things like:


  • Mickey Mouse shaped beignets - Soo tasty. Not quite Cafe du Monde quality, and no chicory coffee, but up there with my favorite cajun restaurant.

  • Moon Shaped Rice Krispie Treats covered in sugar frosting - Didn't touch these, but oh I was soo tempted, even if turn make your mouth blue (will not mention improper remark about smurfs, but I think you get the picture). There's two of them sitting on the counter in our kitchen taunting me.

  • Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - Had one of these when I was getting a little punchy. Mmmm, tasty. Chocolate and strawberry? My fave.

  • Popcorn - Every time I passed by one of the popcorn stands, I had to pick my jaw up from the ground to keep from drooling. Smells soooo goooood! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! And I did. Go me.

  • Sugar cookies covered in frosting in the shape of Mickey Mouse - Should have avoided. And didn't. Tasty, tasty!

  • And about five hundred other tasty things I pretended didn't exist.



And I didn't gain weight!!!! Oh yeah!

I did bring home something I shouldn't have:




Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Rounds. 4 POINTS a piece.

Eek! And I've had two of them since getting home Sunday night. HELP!

Honestly, though, there was a lot of great food this weekend (along with the bad), and I think I made a lot of really good choices. Focusing more on eating vegetables makes a difference, and while I didn't eat entirely vegetarian while at Disneyland (which is quite the chore I might add) I made that my focus.

Oh, yeah, then there was the meal at Club 33. Didn't get a chance to take too many pictures, but I'll leave you with this gem from after dinner. Pirate punch (made with XO rum). Sooo tasty:




More soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: