This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting My Groove Back

So often it seems that once you've made a resolution to do something, life throws up every possible obstacle to its completion. Last week, I said my healthy living goal for the week was to complete the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and four additional workouts. Since I set that goal I've worked out a grand total of one time on Tuesday night. Wednesday nothing, Thursday nothing, Friday nothing, Saturday nothing, and surprise of surprises: Sunday nothing.

My questions:

Am I setting myself up for failure? Since I've gotten out of the habit of exercising first thing in the morning or exercising at all is five workouts too much to get back into the groove? Probably.

Is this a goal I need to revise? Most likely.

How do I go about getting myself back to working out five days a week?


  • Step One: Revise Healthy Living Goal. Make this a monthly goal, not weekly, and instead of asking myself to workout five times, work out three times a week. One of those days does not have to be the 30 Day Shred, but it would be nice. Don't plan for huge workouts, just three thirty-minute workouts. If I decide to do more that's great, but I don't have to.


  • Step Two: Work out in the morning or immediately after work. Ugh, how I hate waking up early in the morning, but I've fallen back into the habit of going to sleep way too late and waking up with barely enough time to get ready and out the door. Waking up earlier is not going to kill me, and if - by chance - I wake up too late to work out, I will do so immediately upon returning home.


  • Step Three: Just freaking do it. NO MORE EXCUSES. Throw the flippin' clothes on and start moving!


  • Step Four: If all else fails, schedule the workout into the day. 'Nough said, although step two should pretty well cover this.


See, I'm great at answering my own questions. HA!

Starting today, I resolve to workout three times a week for thirty minutes over the next four weeks for a total of at least twelve workouts. Further, an extra workout in one week does not carry over to the following week.

Getting My Groove Back Challenge:
March 22 - April 18, 2010: 4 weeks, 3 workouts a week, at least 12 workouts

Week 1 (3/22 - 3/28): 0/3 Total: 0
Week 2 (3/29 - 4/04): 0/3 Total: 0
Week 3 (4/05 - 4/11): 0/3 Total: 0
Week 4 (4/12 - 4/18): 0/3 Total: 0

Anyone care to join me in getting back on the workout wagon?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: