This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Last week I challenged myself to get back into the groove of working out. The challenge was pretty cut and dry: workout three times a week for thirty minutes over the next four weeks for a total of at least twelve workouts. Extra Workouts in a week do not carry over to the next week. My thought process was pretty simple: get moving, stop obsessing over not meeting lofty goals, and have fun with working out again.

Week One was certainly succesful. It's like something broke through after saying I didn't have to workout five days a week for an hour a day. Suddenly, the energy to pull myself off the couch after work, change into my workout clothes, and throw on a DVD magically appeared. Better yet, I felt no guilt for taking more than one day off in a row, and my energy levels are getting back to where they should be. Go fig.

Progress on the Getting My Groove Back Challenge:

Getting My Groove Back Challenge:
March 22 - April 18, 2010: 4 weeks, 3 workouts a week, at least 12 workouts

Week 1 (3/22 - 3/28): 4/3 Total: 4 workouts total

  • Monday - Jillian Michaels Thirty Day Shred

  • Tuesday - Day Off

  • Wednesday - Petra Kolber's Bootcamp Boogie and Upper Body Workout

  • Thursday - Belly Dance Workout and Lower Body Workout

  • Friday - Day Off

  • Saturday - Day Off

  • Sunday - Weight Watchers Gettin' Fit Workout (High Intensity); Quick Fix Cardio Kickboxing Work Out, Upper Body Focus



Week 2 (3/29 - 4/04): 1/3 Total: 5 workouts total

  • Monday - Yoga Booty Ballet



Week 3 (4/05 - 4/11): 0/3 Total: 0
Week 4 (4/12 - 4/18): 0/3 Total: 0

I'm ready and excited for Week 2, and am already off to a great start: one workout in and it's only the second day of week two!!!!

Has a steady workout program been eluding you? Have you fallen off the workout wagon? Yeah, I know this isn't a super duper difficult challenge, but that's not what I needed, and maybe it's not what you need. Feel free to join in if you wish, you don't have to finish at the same time. Let me know *your* progress!!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: