This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Time and again I've talked about how my plan regularly goes to the cr*pper over the weekends. Over and over it's left me feeling terrible and just plain guilty. Workouts go to the wayside, I eat unplanned meals, and snack way too much.

Not this weekend, baby!

After feeling like a schlub for the past month's worth of weekends, I finally realized it doesn't have to be that way. Just because last weekend sucked, or the weekend before, doesn't mean that all of my weekends to come are going to be a test of my desire to give in to temptation and laziness.

Saturday, I jumped a little ahead in the Beck Diet Solution, to conduct a little hunger experiment. The whole idea is proving to yourself that hunger is NOT an emergency. Ate a light breakfast, then headed off to do errands. Started off at Best Buy to get a new car stereo (didn't have all the parts, couldn't get installed to Sunday - *sigh*). Then it was on to a mall tour of San Jose: Valley Fair (yay new clothes! and in a size smaller too), Westgate, and Oakridge (picked up a bellydance DVD - woot! new workout!).

Yes, I bought new clothes. Cute, new clothes. Seriously, adorable, cute, new clothes! I love me my Torrid shopping. And all of them were in a size 2x!!!! Seriously?!?! 2x? Yes! The 3x's are way too big now. Yup, calls for a happy dance.

Now you might wonder, what about the food court and your hunger experiment? Honestly, I hadn't thought about that when planning out my day. Usually the delicious aromas emanating from food vendors leave me drooling, and I can't walk past without getting something. But guess what this girl did??? Yeah, I walked past and didn't care! I'll admit walking past Mrs. Field's was a chore, but did I really need that chocolate chip cookie?? Nope!

This, my friends, is huge! Amazingly huge! Amazingly, super, mega huge!

Okay, I'll stop it with the adjectives.

Every hour or so I stopped and checked in with myself to see if I was feeling actual, physical hunger. My brain kept telling me to eat, but there were none of the tummy rumblings or feelings of light headedness to say food was a necessity. When my brain started yelling at me, I drank a little water and kept on shopping.

Finally got home around 6:30 p.m. and was just beginning to feel a little light-headed. Decided a snack might be in order, then watched some tv.

Cooking didn't seem like the best idea at that point, so the hubby, BFF and I went out to Chili's. Seeing as I had something like 25 POINTS to eat for the rest of the day, I allowed myself to have a couple of Texas Cheese Fries (estimated at 5 POINTS), then ordered myself the Classic Chicken Fajitas (15 POINTS including tortillas), and a beer (2 POINTS).

Day done. Wow!

Status of hunger experiment: Pretty freakin' successful if you ask me.
Status of my stomach: not dead yet.
Status of me: OMG, I did it! I made it from 10:30 a.m. in the morning to 6:30 p.m. without eating anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: