This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Going meatless on Mondays was something I thought I'd have to really work at, but actually find myself looking forward to. Planning for it. Whodda thunk? And, yay, multiple goals taken care of in one sitting - eating meatless and cooking at home!!! W00t!!

Last night's dinner was pizza (remember meatless, NOT vegan), and the BFF came over. My original intent was leftovers for lunch today or so, but was apparently so tasty that it all disappeared. I wonder where??

Meatless Monday Meal Plan

Breakfast:
Green Monster Smoothie (2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup mixed berries, 3/4 cup apple juice), Fiber One Bar. 6 POINTS.

Snack:
Strawberry Fruit Strip. 1 POINT.

Lunch:
Morningstar Farms Buffalo Wings, Chocolate VitaTop Vitamuffin. 6 POINTS.

Dinner:
Buffalo Chik'n Pizza (See recipe below) - 3 slices. 13.5 POINTS.

Dessert:
2 Servings Sour Jacks Candy. 6 POINTS.

Total: 32.5 POINTS. Woot! Half a point into my weekly balances. I might finally be figuring this thing out!

Activity: 20 minutes Low Impact Workout DVD, 20 minutes Belly Dancing. 4 POINTS earned.

And here's the recipe I was kvelling over:

Buffalo Chik'n Pizza

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes




1 pkg Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1 pkg Morningstar Farms Chik'n Strips
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp Frank's Buffalo Wings Sauce
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup low fat Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup carrot, diced
1 tbsp garlic, diced

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare cookie sheet and pizza dough as directed by Pizza Dough package.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add Chik'n strips and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Cut Chik'n strips into bite sized pieces and toss in Buffalo Wings Sauce.
4. Coat pizza dough with sauce and sprinkle with approximately 3/4's of the cheese.
5. Add chik'n, garlic and vegetables and drizzle with any remaining wing sauce. Cover with remaining cheese.
6. Cook for approximately 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust edges begin to brown.

Makes 8 servings.
4.5 POINTS per slice.

Yeah, I'm just a little stoked here. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: