This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My office, and I'm sure I've mentioned this before, is full of food pushers, foodies, and food addicts (yeah, I'm one of the latter). There isn't a month that goes by there's not a potluck for one celebration or another, be it a birthday, Cinco de Mayo, Christmas, Baby's first word, and so on. These potlucks normally bring my structured food world to a crashing halt. One lady always brings egg rolls, another always brings desserts (plural), and the rest of them go to local eateries to pick any number of delectable delights.

This time I had a plan. I kept the food really light in the morning and brought that great salad I had earlier in the week, the Orange-Cilantro Black Bean Salad. It sounded perfect for this month's Mexican Food theme, and I figured "hey, I'll just fill my plate up with that, and then have one other thing". Great plan.

Or not.

Turns out my salad was really popular. Popular to the point that it was 3/4's of the way gone by the time I had my turn in line. Grr. I loaded up on as much of it as I could while leaving a bit for those behind me.

Time for salad #2: iceberg. Mmm. Yummy. NOT. The only redeeming qualities were the artichoke hearts and avocado.

Discovery of the day, however, was the Fiesta Chicken Tortilla Soup from Safeway. Only 110 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 3 grams of fiber per cup. That's 2 POINTS!!!!!! Didn't take a look at the sodium, but I'm sure it's not good. Whatever.

Then there was the cake. Ah, cake, how I've missed you! What's that you say? You're an ice cream cake with chocolate cake made up to look like a giant oreo cookie? Must . . . . resist . . . . Or have just a tiny slice. And I left half of it on my plate despite part of me begging to eat the rest.

Total Damage: 11 POINTS. Okay. That's not bad in the grand scheme of things. YAY!!!

Last night was the weekly Weight Watchers Meeting. Topic: Making yourself a priority. Not something I have that much of an issue with, I'm great at making time for me (I just wasn't great at making it HEALTHY time for me).

And I have great news to report:

This Week's Stats

Previous Weight: 264.2 lbs
Current Weight: 260.8 lbs
Weight Lost: -3.4 lbs

And that means!!!!

Total Weight Lost: -30.8 lbs

I HIT MY TEN PERCENT GOAL (29 lbs)!!!!!

and

I LOST 30 LBS!!!!! Not only did I lose thirty pound I smashed right past it. Scuse while I do my happy dance.

And you know what else???? I finally got the frickin' charm keychain!!!!! And here it is with the charms I've already earned but had no place to put 'em:




Okay, have a good one folks. I'm gonna go continue my happy dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: