This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Farm Fresh to You

I'm in a fruit and vegetable rut. Every week it's the same standard fare, the same types of meals, with the same boring foods, and food ennui is the kiss of death for me and weight loss.

In an effort to get out of my comfort zone, I've been pondering a subscription to a home organic produce delivery service. Here, that service is Farm Fresh to You, a farm in the Capay Valley about 90 miles north of San Francisco. .

I'll admit, I'm intrigued. The whole seasonal produce thing sounds fab, but as one in possession of a black thumb (and I mean I kill just about everything I try to grow) backyard gardening is out of the question. And before you ask, we have a gardener since I'm kinda prissy and hate, hate, HATE getting dirty.

Moving on.

My stylist and I were discussing this Friday night and she said the drawback for her was never knowing what she was going to get. HA! Isn't that my point exactly? To push my boundaries? To escape the blahs of boring eating? To get out of my normal routine and eat something besides my every day produce selections?

No decision yet, but I'm heavily in favor. We'll see.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: