This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Since Thursday's work potluck and subsequent bad eating days I've avoided the scale. I've built up this irrational fear my body took all the crud I fed it over the past five days and immediately transferred it to my butt and thighs.

This morning, I decided to face my scale fear and hop on right after I woke up. Step on. *blink blink* That can't be right, can it? Step off. Step on again. It only went up .2 lbs. Go figure. Then I looked back at my journaling for the past five days (yes, I kept up with it). While I didn't eat great, I also haven't expended my weekly allowance of extra POINTS. Huh.

Goes to show ya, the journaling works.

Anyhow, I'm not too proud to admit that extended weekends mean my healthy habits go to the wayside. I try to stay within my weekly POINTS (and usually succeed), but eating filling foods? Doesn't happen. Working out? Might happen. Add to the mix an out of town friend staying the weekend, copious quantities of heart shaped chocolates, and a Sunday night Valentine's Day party with way too much alcohol, you have the recipe for one seriously lazy Monday.

A normal Monday usually involves a decent variety of foods, lots of recipe hunting, and me making something I've never tried before. Yeah, not so much this Monday. It was Meatless, but Meatless the lazy way. I won't even bother sharing my food plan because it was that lazy. It essentially consisted of a fiber one bar, chocolate, and a small, skinny crust Guinevere's Garden Delight pizza from Round Table.

There are any number of excuses I could offer why I just refused to do anything of use:


  • Busy Sunday (Woke up early, got new tires on my car, took hubby to get a new battery for his truck (twice!!!), made breakfast (pumpkin pancakes - yumm!))

  • Drank too much Sunday night

  • I just didn't want to do anything

You probably get the point.

Ah well, it's a new day, Monday is over and it's back to the grind. Let's call today a do-over for Meatless Monday.

And, as a side note, I was super happy with how I looked on Sunday night before the party:





I'm a far cry from my goal, but look so much better, and feel a heck of a lot more confident. What a difference between this and my AHA moment pictures!

Hope everyone has a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: