This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Weekly Check-In

And continuing with my series of weekly check-ins with myself I bring you:

Weekly Check-In 2/10 - 2/16/10

How do I feel I did this week? What are three things I can give myself credit for? What was successful for me? Is there anything I'm particularly proud of?

I'm on the fence. I had a pretty successful weigh-in at Weight Watchers and reached the goal I wanted to reach, but feel like I fell flat on my face over the following days. On the other hand, I managed to keep within my POINT range and not go over my weekly POINT allowance.

Exercise-wise: fail, fail, FAIL. I worked out twice. Once on Thursday and once on Saturday. On the other hand, that's twice more than I would have worked out before I started losing weight.

I didn't lose myself completely in the chocolate induced coma of Valentine's Day, but I had more than I planned.

It was a so-so week.

Am I still excited/motivated to lose weight?

Yes.

Am I sitting down to eat? How often?

95% of the time I sit down to eat. I find I have no problem sitting down for meals at work, but when I'm at home cooking it's a different story. Little taste here. Little nibble there. Le sigh.

Am I eating slowly and with awareness?

Mostly. Trying to take small bites and stretch foods out over longer periods of time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Gotta work on this.

Is anything in my routine not working?

I can not get myself to workout with any regularity. I plan for it, then can get off my behind to follow through.

What, if anything, do I need to change in my routine to succeed?

Thinking of joining a gym. Don't like paying the ridiculous 24 Hour Fitness fees, but there's one less than a mile from our house, and I think some mindless cardio might be just what the doctor ordered.

What healthy habit will I practice/goal will I meet in the coming week?

Exercise. I need to freaking exercise. Four days for at least thirty minutes.

Cheers!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: