This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

As I planned this post I purposefully pondered the prospect of placing plentiful W's in its titled without appearing preposterous (hah! and yes, if I could have figured out a few more "p" words I would have used those too!). "Wednesday's Weight Watchers Weekly Weigh-in" read like a tongue twister and somehow seemed unnecessary, so I settled on four instead of five.

Yeah, anyhow . . .

went to Weight Watchers last night (but you couldn't tell that from the title of this post, could you???)

This Week's Stats

Previous Weight: 265.4 lbs
Current Weight: 264.2 lbs
Weight Lost: -1.2 lbs

Total Weight Lost: -27.4 lbs

Rawr, I'm so close to having lost thirty pounds I can taste it. Not that I'm not happy. I am. Extremely so. Continuing to lose weight while going through a tough period is monumental.

Apparently, I was wrong about that charm keychain. You get it for hitting your ten percent goal, which is 1.6 lbs away. Grr. That's okay, I have a plan in mind to really buckle down this week and try to hit not only my 10% goal (29 lbs), but the thirty pound mark as well. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

It seems that the last couple of topics have been quite apt for me timewise. Last week the discussion was emotional hunger vs. real hunger which - obviously - was a topic I needed to address. This week's topic was maintaining motivation. Huh. I think I wrote something about this a week or so back.

So, maintaining motivation. What's the secret behind it? How come some people manage to lose all their weight while some keep on falling off the wagon? The key is in healthy habits and a good attitude about your program. Remembering to congratulate yourself for your successes, not beating yourself up over imperfect choices, finding something to anchor you to success. These are just a few of the tools one uses to achieve their goal.

I've noticed that too many people don't take advantage of the tools to which they have access. For instance, WW meetings are once a week. Just once a week. I've always been pretty big on participating in discussion groups, but why is it that me and my WW buddy Shelly are the only ones talking for the most part??? Seriously, you have to find your own answers. Only you can find the key to unlocking your own success, and taking place in a FRICKIN' CONVERSATION might help!

Okay. I'm going to cut this off before it turns into a rant, and call this a successful week. Now, I just have to take a deep breath and keep on going step by step by step.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: