This blog officially publishes at Singing for a Smaller Me at Wordpress, and is backed up here. In order to comment please follow the link listed above. Thanks!!! Zan.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's what works for you

What is it about discussing weight loss programs that suddenly everyone's an expert and can't wait to give me their opinion? And we've all dealt with them, the Good Samaritan who thinks it's their duty to tell you what you should and shouldn't eat, and how you should go and follow this specific diet because it's the only way to lose weight.

*Sarcasm Alert*

Gee, thank you for butting in on a conversation you had nothing to do with. I'm so very glad I've now learned the one twue way to lose weight. I've seen the light!!!

*End Sarcasm*

Hey jerkface, your ten grams of fat a day diet won't necessarily work for me. South Beach worked for you? Great, I'm happy for you.

Guess what? I'm not you!

Don't tell me I shouldn't eat pizza or hamburgers or whatever. This is *my* freaking plan. If I schedule in pizza once in a while it's my damn decision. Cos you know what? If I can't eat out with my friends or go to a restaurant with my husband, I'm screwed from the beginning.

I appreciate other people's opinion on weight loss. I wouldn't be blogging here if I didn't!! But eating is a part of life. Deprivation is not something I do. That doesn't mean I'm stuffing my piehole with cakes and candies every five minutes. However, I am learning to enjoy some of these "dangerous" foods, and will continue to do so because that's life, and as I said before, I will say again: this is my plan and it's working for me. Thank you very much.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Small goals are the key to success or so I've been told. To kick off my weight loss journey I wanted to give myself a visual tool to see how my progress is going. For your viewing pleasure, the ticker for my first goal of losing 20 pounds: